Friday, September 27, 2013

Blog Post #4


I plan to touch on each of the appeals to prove that army ROTC is worthy of studying. My ethos appeal will come from my visits and first hand observation of the relationships within the military that are left unaddressed. My pathos appeal will be in my description of certain values I saw in the men: the encouraging words, smiles, and laughter. This appeal will be especially relevant as I discuss the obstacle course activities. My logos appeal will be derived from my secondary sources as well as a statistic of the number of colleges that offers this program. The logos and ethos appeal will also be found in my on location pictures. I think that my use of all three appeals would be most effective because the audience will be able to understand a couple of different things. They will first be able to be informed of what ROTC actually is (logos). Then they will be able to see what my experience was like there, through my descriptions as well as pictures (ethos). Finally they will be able to feel the relationships and emotions I observed in the community though my observations (pathos).

No comments:

Post a Comment