Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Blog Post #3 "Research Memo"


For my secondary source I have chosen the University of Kentucky’s official Army ROTC webpage. This webpage is full of information about the history of ROTC as well as their partnerships in some schools, fundraising, how to get involved, and even student success stories! In reading about the history of ROTC I can become more familiar with the program and its goals in order to evaluate any consistencies or differences I can find between seeing the location for myself and reading about it. For example, the website mentions training is aimed at teaching the soldiers what it takes to be “a leader for life” and when I visited the site the exercises preformed were aimed at leadership. I can now think about my space as it has come to be the success that it is now: “ the best leadership courses in the country.” Learning more about the facts of the program will allow me to derive my sense of the environment and culture the area creates. The website also contains photos I will able to use for my benefit in understanding.

Citations for the 2 places I have taken information:

"About Army ROTC." Army ROTC. University of Kentucky, n.d. Web. 17 Sept. 2013.

"History of Army ROTC." Army ROTC. University of Kentucky, n.d. Web. 18 Sept. 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment