Friday, October 4, 2013
Blog Post #5
What I believe I did well in my speech was
efficiently communicate this unique culture that I found within army ROTC. I
felt as thought the organization of my piece was thoughtful in order to aid and
enhance my underlying theme of emotion and relationships I discovered. I did
find myself getting choked up on my words occasionally but I feel the audience
could also tell that I came prepared. There were parts within my speech that
made it apparent I knew what I was talking about; however, there were also a
couple of transition areas I struggled on. I need to make sure that I practice
transitioning my ideas smoothly and confidently. I also should have used more
eye contact. In watching myself, I found I was looking at the PowerPoint
frequently or hiding my nose in my notecards. I thought I did very well with my
tone and volume; however, I could have slowed down my pace at times to add stress
to the main parts of my argument. In order to improve for further speeches I
need to concentrate on keeping my head up and making sure I am looking at the
audience more. I need to avoid looking back at my PowerPoint too many times.
Another improvement I need to make for the future could be to incorporate more
movement as I am speaking. In watching myself I noticed that I remained
stationary throughout the whole speech when I could have displayed a more confident
image through moving through the room. Lastly, I could improve my PowerPoint in
a way that requires less use of the clicker so I don’t find myself paranoid that
slide will not be on the correct point or bullet. In total the speech truly wasn’t
as scary as we all thought it would be and despite all of the improvements I
need to make I am happy with how it went.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment