Sunday, November 3, 2013

Blog Post #7



            In looking around the library database, I found a very helpful article named “Multiple Dimensions to the Application for the Effectiveness of Team Building in ROTC.” This article was centered around teamwork and team building within ROTC programs, an aspect I found very prominent in the ROTC community on campus. The academic journal stressed that “the success team building in ROTC would fundamentally lie in communication.” In my visits to Buell armory, I have been a first hand witness to the communication that is stressed through the leaders as well as the upperclassman. The stress on communication contributes to my claim the military thrives on relationships. The article also talks about how “team building leads to a sense of belonging” and addresses the stereotype of the military as “always [being] thought of strictly regimented units with demanding organizational structures.”  Though addressing the stereotype and further discussing the resulting teamwork, the truth can be seen that members remain in the military for the people around them not for themselves. The article exposes the importance of the relationships that will greatly strengthen my argument about the culture I have observed.

Chen, Yin-Che, Yun-Chi Chen, and Ya-Lun Tsao. "Multiple Dimensions to the Application for the Effectiveness of Team Building in ROTC." 129 (2009): 742-54. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment